Friday, May 13, 2005

Time Out

Before I start, let me apologise for both the brevity of this post and how long it has taken to come.
Sorry.

I haven't been so well this week. I haven't been very ill, just enough to make life a little more uncomfortable than usual, so I've been spending quite a lot of time in my room, either sleeping, reading or working slowly but surely. And in a wierd kind of way, I have been grateful for this short period of illness, because it's forced me to stop and relax for a bit. I spend a lot of my time running from place to place and I'm pretty sure I don't need to. I reckon there are a few reasons for this and I won't go into all of them now, but one of them certainly is that I concentrate on what I might be missing if I don't go out, rather than what I actually need to do. Now, I'm not hedonistic, but sometimes I have found myself in the union at midnight, despite the fact that I didn't sleep the night before, or that I have no money and cannot afford any more beer. The words "sod it" often leave my mouth in those situations. I guess that isn't all that bad either, every now and then, to leave routine and stop being so sensible, but maybe not all the time.
I have thus discovered this week that taking a little time out to recharge is a good thing. But I also feel a little more 'free' to not rush around all the time, if that makes sense. I can have a hard time saying "no" to people, in regards to doing stuff, but I have been forced to say "no" this week to try to get well. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't wonder what I was missing and I certainly enjoyed the time to consider myself a little more. I think, if Chin' is correct, that as an introvert (and also a thinker) I need to do that, lest I end up completely exhausted (mentally and physically) and going home (Thatcham, not New Cross) to recharge. Which does sound a little familiar....

2 Comments:

Blogger Chinelo said...

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed your week!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Storm,
We are still curious as to the origins of this name...
You may be interested to know that we will be enjoying the delights of Jazz tonight - you should come next time (Monday nights)
Anyho...
Glad you're feeling recharged...
Missed you last night?!
Lauren and Schmowzera

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home